Saturday, March 24, 2012

Muchos Gracious Ken and Faye Husch
,
Just over a year has gone by since Ken‘s memorial and a promise of a truck being donated in his name. I have found a wonderful Canadian Foundation operating out of Kamloops, BC that is assisting in Ken's dream materializing.
A bush Buggy was donated and on Mar. 21 was picked up and began its journey to Nicaragua.
Operation Nicaragua will be sending the truck to a village fire hall we visited in San Ramon, Nicaragua, where Ken wanted to return to help teach the volunteer firefighters.
Once the truck has reached Nicaragua it is the Husch family desire to travel to the village. Our son Robert, a Ft. McMurray firefighter will teach the volunteers how to use the truck. Our daughter Alanna, a Doctor and Sylvie our son’s girlfriend, a nurse hope to help out with medical expertise. I hope to help out with literacy at the orphanage.
This generous donation in Ken’s name will empower the village to modernize the fire department, having lives and property. Ken would be honoured to know the CFD has extended their pride and fellowship to help those in need.
I am adding the website of Operation Nicaragua should anyone wish to help with a very worthy cause. Please mention Ken and pay it forward.
I would like to thank all those that help make this dream come true. When you see a rainbow, think of it as Ken thanking you for all you have done.
I will try to keep an update on the progress on my blog Healinggenesis.blogspot.com
Now things have been progressing on Genesis. She has a new hard top with lights, part of her new canvas, engine room totally redone it seems. Furnace fixed. Painted and almost totally varnished. Galley taken out awaiting a new look at end of this week. She will look beautiful again soon!
I mentioned to a friend the other day that I live on the water but I can't wait to get back on the water! I am longing for an anchorage near by.
I embarked on taking a course through University of British Columbia for English as a Second Language to teach in foreign countries. I have now finished and hope to use it around here to help with literacy. I will use it in foreign countries at some time.
I have been using this time to get myself physically and mentally fit. I believe I am on the right path. I work out several days a week with a trainer. Doing the dentist thing and mentally I am seeing the dark storm clouds turn into sunshine with some partial clouds. My heart is becoming less heavy and I am smiling more, joking more and enjoying life more. So for those concern please don't be. I have lots of people making sure that I weather the storm.
I will not be doing a regular blog weekly. I will blog about the trips on the boat in new places of BC, as to follow my life at this stage may be quite boring and to a certain degree a little private at the moment.
I thank all those that have been sending emails to ensure that I am doing well. Friends are never taken lightly with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment